St. Kevin son of Irish royalty settled the land started distilling pouching (Irish Moonshine) which was an illegal spirit. But, from this legendary story rose Glendalough (means ‘Valley of the Two Lakes in Gaelic) Distillery and they become known for their Irish whiskey and gin. In the Wicklow Mountains 5 friends founded it steeped in the lore and legend of Ireland.
- Aged in American Oak Bourbon barrels
- Finished in Spanish Oloroso Sherry barrels
- Thus the name Double Barrel Whiskey
- 84.7 Proof – Single Grain Whiskey
- Sweetness and smooth vanilla notes from the American Oak Barrel
- Layer of depth of fruit and Spanish Oak spices.
Palate: Spiced pears give way to butter/vanilla flavors and a finish of date cake.