Blackpitts is a section of Dublin just behind Teeling’s new distillery. The namesake for a unique and evocative whiskey that challenges many expectations of what Irish whiskey should taste like. Teeling is another distillery steeped in tradition back to 1792 in the center of Dublin. Three generations have resided over the history that is Teeling.
- 92 Proof
- Triple Distilled in single copper pot stills
- 1000% Peated Malted Barley (reportedly the only whiskey being made in the city today)
- Triple Distilled (keeps the peat at bay)
- Aged in ex-bourbon cask and sauternes wine casks (helps mellow the peat as well)
- Results in an innovative and delightful whiskey
Palate: Caramel sauce gives the palate a creamy lushness, with notes of apple peel and grapefruit pulp adding some fruit. Plenty of spices linger as the whiskey develops on the tongue and finishes with some smokiness and salinity comes into focus.